No results found :(
How to manage cache in Magento
- From Magento Admin panel to System→Cache Management
- Select Cache type
- From the dropdown menu choose "Refresh"
- Click "Submit" button
Using Magento Cache Management system is a must when managing Magento store.
It can do so much to speed up your store and help make it work flawlessly.
Magento will always notify you when there is a need to refresh your cache memory, but note that you should refresh your browser after clearing cache, just to make sure that everything is up to date.
You can inspect your cache by navigating to System and then clicking Cache Management.
(see the screenshot below)
Also, note that clicking on the message in the upper part of your screen (that notifies you to refresh your cache) or navigating to System and choosing Cache Management will essentially bring you the same result, and that will be this screen:
Once you mark the checkbox, note Actions dropdown menu, choose Refresh and click Submit.
Note: If you click on the red button that says Flush Magento Cache, all of the Magento cache will be removed.
But if you click the red button that says Flush Cache Storage, it will remove all of the cache storage, regardless of the tag.
Once refreshed, everything will be nice and green, and you will see a notification that will inform you about how many types have been refreshed.
See the screenshot:
We believe it’s crucial for you to understand what all of the buttons mean and what flushing cache will actually mean for your store.
So, here it is in more detail:
- Flush Cache Storage – flushing cache storage will completely remove all of the cache items. The result is completely the same as if you would delete the entire folder with contents of cache located on the server.
- Flush Magento Storage – this action will remove all items in the default Magento cache that are having Magento tag
- Flush Catalog Images cache – will remove all of the catalog images. In other words, if you have uploaded images and are anxious to see them on your store’s front end but they are not showing up, you should flush the catalog and of course – refresh your browser to make them visible!
And now you’re ready to go and improve your store’s performance!